We will be the creative force in providing innovative services, through leadership, research and best practices, to advance the quality of life of the communities we serve.
THE BRENDA STRAFFORD FOUNDATION
Bring your experience and expertise in Nursing to Clifton Manor , a leader in Long Term Care, located in Southeast Calgary.
The Health Care Aide (HCA) is a member of the multidisciplinary team and is responsible for providing direct care to assist in the activities of daily living, comfort and safety of the resident and indirect services to support the overall provision of care in their assigned area.
Health Care Aides are responsible and accountable for the tasks and functions assigned to them and for understanding which tasks/functions they may or may not be able to perform.
This casual position is an exceptional opportunity for a self-motivated, relationship driven individual to achieve your professional goals, while creating a cohesive and cooperative working environment.
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the resident needs.
- Observes and report on unusual signs/symptoms and incidents to Professional Nursing staff.
- Provide relevant, clear and timely information to the supervising professional regarding observed changes in physical, mental or emotional status/behaviour of the resident.
- Confirm information with resident as appropriate.
- Recognize and report signs of abuse.
- Participate in the Care Plan for the resident.
- Is aware of the Care Plan developed for the resident, as communicated verbally and through written documentation.
- Participate as a member of the multidisciplinary team in the implementation of the Care Plan.
- Understand own and other roles and accountabilities within the team.
- Provide appropriate care, as assigned in accordance with the Manor’s policies, procedures and established standards, including consideration of the resident’s comfort, safety, privacy,
independence, choice and dignity.
- Respond appropriately to resident behaviours.
- Recognize challenges related to vision, hearing, speech and language and adapts practice to minimize these challenges.
- Respect differences in ethnic culture.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Observe and appropriately report resident responses to care.
- Participate in the review of the Care Plan.
- Document appropriately the care provided and behaviours noted on the appropriate forms and/or in Point of Care (POC) system.
- Document in POC kiosks resident-related ADL tasks and clinically significant changes in resident condition.
- Document in accordance with the Manor’s policies and guidelines using MDS coding appropriately in POC system.
- Document assistance given with medications.
- Medication Administration Record (MAR).
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be a graduate of an educational program using the Alberta Provincial Curriculum for HCA or equivalent.
- Must be able to communicate in verbal and written English.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and to request and accept direction as required.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with residents, families, visitors and team members.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.