There are certain features of the Canadian academic environment that may differ from those of other countries; here are some of those attributes:
- A mix of gender in work groups is common
- Independent thinking and equal individual contributions to group assignments is respected
- Class attendance is often essential for successful completion of a course
- In oral or written work, the standard writing and presentation style is to have a clear opinion of the topic
- No embarrassment when you don’t know the answer to something
- Responsibility to ask for help
- Expectations to manage time and be responsible for your own learning
Although education and careers are important, we at ABM College believe that there should be an equal balance of work and play. From time to time, we encourage students to join us in walking city tours, barbecues, parties, small gatherings, and other extra-curricular activities.
Calgary is home to a multitude of religions and beliefs. At ABM College, we embrace all cultures and backgrounds and encourage our students to continue to practice their faiths.
Here are just a few places of worship in Calgary: