Designated Learning Institution (DLI) Number: O242632228347
If you are an agent and wish to find out more information about our college, please send your inquiries to: email@example.com
A qualified international student is not a Canadian Citizen, or Permanent Resident.
All international students must obtain a Student Visa for a program that is more than six months, or for a program six months or less if it has an integrated and mandatory work component.
Studying 6 months or longer in Canada:
Once you receive your official Letter of Acceptance from ABM College, you must apply for a Student Visa.
To obtain your Student Visa and/or your Temporary Resident Visa, you must visit the nearest Canadian Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate.
Click HERE for the directory for all Canadian embassies and consulates around the world
For further information, visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- Check processing time for Student Visa applications (Citizenship and Immigration Canada)
General Admission Requirements
International students must meet the admission requirements for the program to which they are applying before admission is granted.
It is important for international students to apply early as Student Visas may take several months to obtain.
English Language Proficiency (ELP)
Candidates whose first language is not English and those from countries where the language of instruction is not English will need to provide an ELP. Candidates that are from a country were English is the official language of instruction do not have to provide an ELP. Applicants can contact ABM College at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify if the ELP used is acceptable to the College.
Presentation of the International English Language Test (Academic IELTS) with an overall score of 6 (depending on the requirements of the program).
Please refer to equivalency test charts provided by the CIC here.
ICAS is the International Credential Assessment Service of Canada. Their services help potential immigrants and new Canadians assess the education they received outside of Canada. For more information, please visit their website at www.icascanada.ca, or by calling toll-free 1-800-321-6021
IQAS is the International Qualifications Assessment Service. IQAS was established by the Alberta Government to help individuals educated outside Canada to assess international documents and compare them to educational credentials in Canada. For more information, please visit their website at http://www.learning.gov.ab.ca/iqas, or call (780) 427-2655
Program schedule for applicants: We have monthly enrollments! Before applying, please take a look at our start dates (keeping in mind that it may take several months to get your Student Visa).
Except in special or unusual circumstances authorized by the President of ABM College, contracts shall be completed and signed by all parties prior to the start of any program.
The International Student Coordinator shall assure throughout this process that clear communications are established and maintained with the appropriate Federal, Provincial and Municipal governmental agencies.
The International Student Coordinator shall prepare a contract, which at minimum specifies:
- The specific educational needs to be addressed by the proposed service
- Evaluation criteria to be used to assess the success of the program/service; together with any specific requirements for separate sign-off of such matters as detailed program/service design
- Schedule of fees and payment terms
- Organization structure and personnel requirements
- Responsibility for provision of resources, including: Facility, equipment and supplies, housing, and transportation
- Ownership of program/service materials, related copyrights, facilities, and equipment. The approval of the contract terms by ABM College administration shall be required prior to finalization of the terms with the client. Except as authorized by the President of ABM College, this contract shall be signed by duly authorized staff for all parties to the agreement prior to the provision of the contracted program/service
The International Student Coordinator in consultation with the College Administration shall arrange the detailed design of the program/service in accordance with the terms of the contract.
The program/service design shall be approved in writing by all parties to the agreement in accordance with the requirements of the contract. The program/service shall be delivered and assessed in accordance with the terms of the contract.
All amounts payable under any contract applicable, shall be paid to ABM College in accordance with the terms of the contract.
Applying as an International Student
To ensure your admission into ABM College goes smoothly, please comply to the following:
- Pay the non-refundable, non-transferable $130 CAD application fee, and non-refundable, non-transferable document assessment fee of $500 CAD.
- Receive acknowledgement from the College – either an email or letter of confirmation.
- Ensure all required documents, including official transcripts, prerequisite documents, English Language Proficiency (ELP) results and other admission requirements are sent to ABM College as soon as possible. International students coming from countries where the official language is English do not have to provide English Language Proficiency results.
Cancelling Your Application
Please notify the Registrar if you wish to cancel your pending application. If you cancel your application after you have accepted ABM College’s offer of admission and paid your tuition deposit, please note that a refund is not issued for this non-refundable, non-transferable amount.
Refunds must be initiated within 30 days of withdrawal. The Financial form must be completed and submitted to the Office of the Registrar.
Tuition, fees, and refunds are assessed in accordance with the College’s fee schedule and refund policies.
Refunds are issued directly to the registrant by cheque. However, when a sponsor is identified, refunds will be issued directly to that sponsor. Fees paid by Visa or MasterCard will be credited to the original account used.
ABM College is required to notify Canada Immigration of all withdrawals. If a student decides to withdraw his or her application prior to entering Canada, the student must return both the original letter of acceptance and the original letter from Immigration.
If you withdraw prior to the start date of your program (assuming you have paid all fees), you are eligible to receive a full refund of fees LESS your application fee ($130) and Documentation Assessment Fee of $500.
If you withdraw from a program before 20% of the term or session has elapsed, you are eligible to receive a 75% refund of tuition less a $130 application fee . All other fees are considered non-refundable at this date. No refund is available after the completion of the first 20% of a term.