Certification Program | Short-Term Training | Offered in Calgary
All too often it’s an accident, illness, or disaster that demonstrates how important it is to be prepared for a medical emergency. Emergencies strike with little warning, you’re either prepared or you’re not. Individual skills and company emergency preparedness protocols should be reappraised regularly.
ALL of our First Aid, CPR, and AED courses meet the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and Work Safe Alberta. This guarantees that personnel working in construction, manufacturing, massage therapy, the oil and gas industry, and as school teachers, social workers, childcare workers, office workers, fire fighters, police officers, emergency medical responders, and hospitality employees are trained in delivering high quality First Aid and CPR.
Would your employees respond in a medical emergency confidently and correctly? Does your company comply with current CPR, First Aid, and AED (Automated External Defibrillator) training workplace regulatory standards? Are your employees up-to-date with the latest recommendations for CPR, First Aid, and AED? Let ABM College help you to make the answer to these questions “Yes”!
CPR and First Aid training is 16 hours in two days.
Renewal of First Aid and CPR is for 8 hours in one day.
We Offer the Following Lifesaving Courses
- Emergency First Aid, CPR and AED
- Standard First Aid, CPR and AED
- Standard First Aid, Health Care Provider
- CPR and AED
- CPR – HCP Level C
- Child Care First Aid, CPR and AED
All Canadian Red Cross First Aid courses are certified for 3 years; each participant receives a course completion card, a fully illustrated colour manual, and a wall certificate.
CPR & First Aid Training at ABM College
- ABM College is located in Calgary, Alberta and is ready to meet your First Aid or Heart & Stroke training requirements.
- Our First Aid training program is designed to teach students how to provide emergency care for someone in need; this may be at home, the workplace, or in a public place. The training chapters within the manual are designed to make the learning process enjoyable and simple through providing a non-stressful training environment in which students may practice and apply emergency lifesaving skills.
- ABM College is dedicated to providing you with a complete and ongoing solution to meeting CPR and First Aid training compliance standards at home or in the workplace. Our innovative approach to CPR and First Aid training will improve skill retention and increase the rescuer’s ability to respond when faced with a medical emergency.
- Our training program will deliver essential lifesaving training to prepare people to save the lives of their family members, friends, co-workers and neighbours; they will obtain these skills during their Canadian Red Cross CPR, First Aid, and AED course.
The following list is designed to help you decide which level of CPR is suitable or appropriate for your training or profession.
CPR Level A
Workplace and Lay First Aider / Rescuer – Adult illnesses / Injuries.
CPR Level B
Child Care Workers – Babies and Children illnesses / Injuries.
CPR Level C
A comprehensive course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home – Adults, Children and Baby Illnesses / Injuries.
CPR Level HPC
Health Care Provider (HCP) CPR training is for those who work in the primary care industry; Doctors, Nurses, EMT’s, Paramedics, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Laboratory Technicians, Respiratory Therapists, Firefighters etc.
For further information about our First Aid programs please contact ABM College.